Introducing the new HP4 RACE, the most exclusive BMW motorcycle yet. Featuring a full carbon frame and carbon rims, fitted with WSBK spec suspension and brakes! The HP4 RACE handcrafted Superbike formula is 171kg, with 215 HP. Imagine the accelerationâ€¦
We first saw the pre-production bike at the EICMA show in Cologne last year, but yesterday in Shanghai, BMW Motorrad showed a production ready version and committed to producing 750 bikes worldwide. Only 10 bikes have been allocated to Australia and they are likely to retail at over $100,000 each.
If you want one you would need to talk to Procycles NOW!
The new HP4 RACE weighs only 171 kilograms when fully fuelled, lighter than the factory bikes racing in the World Superbike Series and weighs only slightly more than the MotoGP factory racers. It arrives in full race trim and is not be ADR approved for road use.
Featuring a carbon-fibre frame weighing less than 8kg and suspended withÂ Ã–hlins FGR300 forks and TTX 36 GP shock, 215 horsepower and full race specification electronics the new BMW HP4 Race takes the off-the-shelf bespoke Superbike game to a new level.
The HP4 RACE is individually crafted by a small, highly specialised team, ensuring the very highest level of quality. The engine, electronics and suspension elements are up there and in some cases [like the suspension and carbon fibre frame] actually surpass current factory World Superbike machines.
BMW HP4 Race Technical Highlights
- Carbon fibre monocoque frame weighing only 7.8Â kilos.
- Self-supporting carbon fibre rear frame with 3 height adjustments.
- Carbon wheels with a weight reduction of some 30% Vs alloy wheels.
- Ã–hlins FGRÂ 300 USD fork.
- Ã–hlins TTXÂ 36Â GP spring strut.
- Brembo GP4Â PR monoblock brake calipers with 320 T-type racing steel brake disks (thickness: 6.75Â mm) at the front.
- Racing engine at World Cup level with an output of 158Â kW (215 hp) at 13,900 rpm and a max torque of 120Â Nm at 10,000 rpm.
- Close-ratio racing gearbox with adapted ratios.
- Weight-optimised electrical system featuring light lithium-ion battery with 5 Ah.
- 2DÂ dashboard and 2DÂ data recording including logger.
- Dynamic Traction Control DTC (programmable for selected gears at 15Â levels).
- Engine Brake EBR (programmable for selected gears at 15 levels).
- WheelieÂ Control (programmable for selected gears).
- LaunchÂ Control.
- Pit Lane Limiter.
- Light trim parts made of carbon fibre with snap fasteners.
- Paint finish in BMWÂ HPÂ MotorsportÂ colours.
- Production run of 750 units, each individually crafted.
Featuring two Brembo GP4Â PR monoblock brake calipers, the brake system of new HP4 RACE also has parts otherwise only to be found in World Cup machines. Coated titanium pistons and single-piece aluminium calipers with chemically nickel-plated surface make for what is currently the very best combination of materials available. In conjunction with 6.75Â mm thick 320Â millimetre T-type racing steel brakes, the system ensures stunning brake performance.Industrially manufactured carbon fibre main frame in monocoque construction, self-supporting rear frame and wheels made of carbon fibre. The front and rear wheel are also made of this high-tech material, enabling a weight reduction of approximately 30 per cent as compared to light alloy forged wheels while retaining a deliberately rigid design.
Ã–hlins spring elements, light alloy underslung swingarm and Brembo monoblock brake calipers from the Superbike World Championship. The new HP4 RACE likewise meets the highest demands of racing technology in the area of spring elements and brakes. Both the FGR 300 upside-down fork and the TTX 36 GP spring strut are supplied by the Swedish manufacturer Ã–hlins, with identical parts being used both in the Superbike World Championship and in MotoGP. The light alloy underslung swingarm made of milled and sheet metal parts is also a component used in the Superbike World Cup.
The new BMWÂ HP4Â RACE comes with an extensive package of electronic control and assistance systems as well as a weight-optimised on-board electrical system which has been optimised to meet racing needs. A wealth of information is available on the 2DÂ dashboard with transferable data memory (2DÂ logger).
Wide-ranging set-up options for different track layouts and road surface conditions are provided by the audibly perceptible Dynamic Traction Control controlled by ignition cut, Engine Brake EBR and WheelieÂ Control. These can be programmed selectively for each gear according to rider preference, allowing optimum use of the enormous riding dynamics potential offered by the new HP4Â RACE. Other electronic features are the Pit Lane Limiter for observing speed limits in the pit lane and LaunchÂ Control for perfect race starts.
Light trim carbon fibre trim parts and hand-brushed aluminium fuel tank. The carbon fibre trim, the intake silencer cover and the seat hump in the new HP4Â RACE feature the BMWÂ HPÂ MotorsportÂ colours. A hand-brushed aluminium fuel tank sealed with a clear finish underscores the bikeâ€™s high-quality racing look.