BMW M1000 RR
RACING LIKE NO OTHER.
M is synonymous worldwide with BMW success in racing and is aimed at riders with particularly high demands regarding performance, exclusivity and individuality. High performance, high-tech materials, the highest-quality workmanship and exclusivity down to the last detail: The M RR is the first M model from BMW Motorrad. Its genes come directly from professional racing.
TWO VERSIONS, ONE GOAL: PURE PERFORMANCE
Even in its basic version, it is made for racing – fine-tuned down to grams and milliseconds. With the M Competition Package, it boasts M milled parts and M carbon parts.
The BMW M RR is available in a basic version and with the Competition Package as an option. In addition, we offer you numerous M Performance Parts to customise your M RR. Many of the parts can be installed quickly, turning your street version of the M RR into a racetrack machine in minutes.
The M RR and M RR with M Competition package offers pure racing technology for the highest performance demands in motorsport and for perfectionists on the road. With an engine output of 156 kW (212 HP), a DIN vehicle kerb weight of only 192 kg and a suspension and aerodynamics designed for maximum race track performance, the new M RR meets the main expectations in the top segment of Superbikes.
- The M RR 4-cylinder engine is based on the RR engine with even more peak power, higher torque in the medium range and 500 rpm more maximum speed.
- 156 kW output at 14 500 rpm and thus 4 kW more than in the RR. Maximum torque of 113 Nm at 11 000 rpm.
- New 2-ring forged piston 12 g lighter, adapted combustion chamber and compression increased to 13.5. In addition, slimmer and lighter rocker arms.
- Fully machined intake ports with new duct geometry and BMW ShiftCam technology for varying the valve control time and valve lift.
- Titanium valves, on the exhaust side with new spring assembly, slimmer and 6 % lighter rocker arms and optimized camshafts.
- Very light, compact engine block with longer and 85 g lighter titanium connecting rods from Pankl for reduced friction power and less weight.
- Anti-hopping clutch without self-reinforcing for optimum Launch Control.
- Optimized differentiated intake system with shorter intake funnels for optimized gas exchange at high rotational speeds.
- New, 3,657 g lighter exhaust system with exhaust manifold, front silencer and rear silencer made of titanium.
- M winglets and high windscreen: Braking later and accelerating earlier and more stability when cornering thanks to the aerodynamic downforce without any reduction in maximum speed.
- “Rain”, “Road”, “Dynamic”, “Race”“ and “Race Pro1-3” riding modes and the latest generation of the Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and DTC wheelie function with 6-axle sensor box.
- Two adjustable characteristic throttle curves for optimum response characteristics. Engine brake with threefold adjustable engine drag torque in “Race Pro” mode.
- Shift assistant Pro for shifting gears up and down without clutch. Simple reversibility of the shift pattern for race track use.
- Launch Control for perfect race starts and Pit-Lane-Limiter for precise speed in the pit lane.
- Hill Start Control Pro for convenient starting on slopes.
- Chassis design trimmed for race track use with modified geometry, optimized wheel load distribution and extended adjustability of the swinging arm pivot point.
- Optimized upside-down fork and revised central spring strut with Full Floater Pro kinematics.
- M brakes for the first time at BMW Motorrad: The M RR with maximum braking performance for the race track.
- M carbon wheels: Classy high-tech components for maximum performance on race track and road.
- Instrument cluster with large, perfectly readable 6.5-inch TFT display, starting animation with M logo and OBD interface that can be used with activation code for the M GPS data logger and M GPS laptrigger.
- Lightweight M battery, USB charging socket in the rear, powerful LED interior light units, electronic adaptive cruise control and heated grips.
- M competition package with M GPS laptrigger and activation code, M milled parts package, M carbon package, silver, 220 g lighter swinging arm, DLC-coated M endurance chain and passenger package including tail-hump cover.
- Comprehensive optional accessories and optional equipment ex works.
THE M RR WITH M COMPETITION PACKAGE.
For those who are still not satisfied with the new M RR in standard trim, the M competition package provides a fascinating mixture of classy components for the racing technology gourmet and the aesthete at the same time. In addition to the M GPS laptrigger software and the corresponding activation code, the M competition package also includes the M milled parts package, the M carbon package as well as a silver 220 g lighter swinging arm, the friction-optimized, maintenance-free and DLC-coated M Endurance chain and the passenger package including tail-hump cover.
PURE WILL TO WIN
The assembly of the M RR has been developed in sports racing and perfected for the road. For this purpose, we have increased the power of the four-cylinder in-line engine from the RR: For a higher torque in the mid-range. And we have increased the maximum speed by 500 rpm to 15,100 rpm. The titanium connecting rods are lighter, the rocker arms are 1.5 mm narrower, the airbox funnel has been shortened for better load changes: Millimetre work for milliseconds. In addition, there are 2-ring forged pistons with cross-ribbing and cylinder heads with new channel geometry and reinforced bearing brackets. Overall result: More dynamics and reduced mass inertia. For a shorter ratio, even the sprocket has been given a tooth and the chain itself and the wheelbase have also been lengthened. The anti-hopping clutch works without self-reinforcement – for the perfect launch control.
MORE PRESSURE: THE M WINGLETS
The contact pressure also determines victory or defeat. The M winglets made of carbon generate a downforce of 16.3 kg. In combination with the high windscreen, you can convert more power into pure propulsion. Before the curve, in the curve, and when accelerating out of the curve. The front wheel pulls straight into the apex and the fork keeps contact with the ground; the DTC has to intervene less. And you save the wheelie for the finish line.