When we saw the meagre original engine protection and the resulting major damage to the engine block, we knew we simply had to develop a stronger plate properly protecting engine, exhaust downpipes and collector.
Background: When the original protector plate is subjected to a strong impact from below or is hooked on something from underneath, it can shear off its front bracket and the rigid rear brackets bend into the engine
cases. Our engine protection plates have pressed strengthening swages greatly increasing stiffness and
stability. We have developed a version for extreme tours which increases the ground clearance by another 25 mm (~1”).
- Extremely sturdy and angled in the front, getting “hooked” not possible.
- Extended toward the rear to protect the collector.
- No reduction in ground clearance compared to original.
- “Extreme” version with 25 mm more ground clearance.
- 4 mm (~5/32”) thick + strong aluminium plate.
- Nearly indestructible through reinforcement swages.
- 6 attachment points (original only 4).
- No modifications required to the bike. Easy to fit.
- Bolted to existing mounting points/threads.
- Sold complete with complete fitting kit + bolts.
The engine protection plates had to withstand extreme tests on the Rallies of Agadir, Katar, at the Erzberg and during many races and extreme tests. Apart from the added stability and safety, the appearance of the GS is also greatly enhanced.
Note: Item doesn’t fit on model R nineT from 2017 + – Engine protection for this models is product-no.: 26820-202