In the event that the motorbike falls or crashes, the axle protection pads ensure that the swing arm, the wheel axle and the chain tension device are effectively protected against damage.
The protective pads distance these components during bouncing or sliding contact with the floor or road and thus reduce or avoid costly damage to the motorbike. In addition to the choice of material, we have also integrated two significant, specific properties into the construction and tested these in racing, these being the damping and abrasion resistance that significantly increases in the slide phase.
The damping: The first positive feature we should mention is the damping, which can partially or fully capture and absorb part of the impact energy where impacting forces occur.
Abrasion resistance: the second positive characteristic is the abrasion resistance, which owing the component geometry increases from the outside in due to the enlargement of the effective slide area. This means that our axle protection pad only offers a low level of frictional resistance on light contact, but shortens the time and area of the grinding phase, such as when grinding along the road surface for a longer period. This means that in a crash with the axle protection pad, the time in which the motorbike slides and the slide path itself are both reduced.
For the optimum protection of your machine, we recommend the combination of our axle protection pads with our vehicle-specific protection bar systems, for which we offer additional protection pads separately.
- Effective, double protection against impact and abrasive damage to the swing arm, wheel axle and chain tension device
- Tested in racing
- The progressive, increasing abrasion resistance shortens the time and area of the slide phase in the event of extended contact with the road
- Ideal combination with engine protection bars and pads, because the vehicle now has extra support with the axle protection pads during the “slide phase”
- Easy, secure and quick installation
- Complete with mounting kit
- Material: Highly durable special plastic, impact-absorbing, abrasion resistance determined by the component geometry
- Wunderlich design. Functional and integrated.
- Small series. Handcrafted.
- 5 year warranty
- Made in Germany