The oil cooler is positioned in exactly the place required by air flow, although a consequence of this is that dirt converges on it from all angles. Stone chips, dead flies and other detritus accumulate in its fine ribbing. Cleaning it is very difficult and requires a lot of manual work.
The fine-mesh stainless steel cooler protection grill provides effective protection for the cooler and ensures optimal long-term cooling air flow. It’s also an optical highlight: the black cooler surfaces disappear and the
cooler aperture itself is emphasized to impressive effect.
- Best protection and best appearance.
- Keeps all destructive particles away from the oil cooler.
- Fits on R1200 GS and Adventure (models from 2008 onwards)
- Strong stainless steel mesh bonded to an anodised aluminium or thermoformed ABS plastic frame
- Anti-vibration mounting points.
- Strong high pressure bonding between mesh and frame.
- Easy to fit.
- Complete with fitting material required
Flies etc. that have collected can be easily removed with a wet cloth. Lay the cloth on the mesh for approx.
30 minutes, so the dirt soaks up the moisture and can then be removed easily. Easy to fit.
Detailed instructions are included.