Wunderlich Valve Cover & Cylinder Protection
Life insurance for the exposed and damage-prone cylinder head covers!
The goal was to create a strong and robust guard, offering outstanding protection but with an elegant, unobtrusive appearance. This could not be achieved to our standards by simply forming a single piece of aluminum.
The result of extensive testing and design led to this intricate three piece design, where the impact point is protected, supported by an upper and lower piece of 3 mm thick hard anodized aluminum, each of which also protects the valve cover.
The leading and trailing edges of the valve cover are protected by a double layer of aluminum and therefore have 6 mm of aluminum protection. Two of the three mounting points also benefit from this two layer design, making the attachment points of these covers particularly robust.
- Protection from impacts, falls and slides
- No more grinding of holes in cover.
- Protects the cylinder head cover from moving and destroying the bolt threads in the cylinder (cover attachment to head is “floating”, without protection it could move at impact).
- Protection for the front attachment bolt.
- Load is spread over many points via flexible 3M rubber bumpers.
- No bolts etc at the front impact area.
- Thick billet slide pad on each side.
- 3 major double strength attachment points.
- Spark plugs can be reached without dismantling.
- Easy to fit
Wunderlich Valve Cover & Cylinder Protection – L+R, Black
The original plastic protectors usually shatter at minor incidents or simply fold back, we recommend fitting these protectors as a preventive measure. During the development and testing of this part (road/off-road/track using several bike models with the customary slides and falls) we never had to use the emergency rubber cap.
Sold as a complete set for the left and right side.
Replacement contact pads are available under the Related Products tab.
Please note: The protectors fit in combination with the original BMW crash bars, when mounting with Wunderlich crash bars the mounting kit 35611000 is required.