The water pump sits far forward in an elevated position on the right side of the engine. It is easy to identify due to the hose that leads back to the cooler. The water pump housing and thus the function of the water pump are at risk in the event of an unlucky mishap or fall. That’s why we think it’s sensible to fit this aggregate with an additional protective cover. This is because a water pump failure always means that the journey gets interrupted, otherwise you run the risk of total engine failure because the cooling is no longer guaranteed.
We have developed thoroughly fitted, impact-resistant, light protective cover that reliably protects the water pump. It is characterised by its appealing design, which quotes the original form of the BMW water pump housing.
The structure of the cover has been designed by our developers so that they distribute and dissipate mechanical loads and force spikes uniformly across the respective component structure of the cover. A moulded elastomer element made of silicone is fitted to the inside to provide additional dampening. This also seals the cover against the original cover of the water pump so that dirt, moisture and dust are kept out.
The cover can be mounted using the accompanying mounting kit in just a few minutes..
- Secure, additional protection for the water pump during falls, mishaps and mechanical stress
- Made of durable, impact-resistant special plastic
- Uniform distribution and dissipation of force spikes across the component structure
- Integrated, functional design, incorporates into the design of the engine
- With carefully worked in, inward-facing elastomer element for additional shock absorption, seal against moisture and dust
- Easy and quick installation
- Complete with attachment kit
- Material: High-quality, impact-resistant special plastic, precision and form-fitted manufacturing with integrated shock-absorbing and sealing elastomer elements
- Wunderlich premium product. Small series. Handcrafted.
- Wunderlich design. Integrated and functional.
- Made in Europe
- 5 year warranty
Wunderlich product category